3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar, powdered
3 tablespoon unsalted butter (ghee)
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
2 tablespoon sliced pistachios for garnish
1. In a large bowl either grate or mash khoya finely and mix with powdered sugar.
2. Kneed well and keep aside.
3. Transfer this mixture to a heavy pan and keep stirring continuously first on high flame and then on medium flame.
4. make sure it does not stick to the base of the pan.
5. When the mixture is thick add cardamom powder and keep aside.
6. Allow it to cool.
7. Using the palms make small round shapes and press gently on the top.
8. On top of each peda gently press pistachios and you can also sprinkle on top of it as well.
9. Place it on serving tray and serve once cool.
Peda in India is made in many states and carries a different flavour with each preparation. The most famous of all the known pedas is the madurai peda, Dharwad pedha and mathura peda. People across the country flock at these peda famous destinations during festivals and also during wedding ceremonies these pedas are the main attraction in the sweet section.